Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Most devastating loss as a fan...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Most devastating loss as a fan...

    I am a Tarheel, Redskins, and Cubs fan. Being a fan is becoming hard on my nerves. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] With the recent loss to the Titans by the Skins [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] and the everyday hardship it is to be a Cubs fan. I started thinking what was the worst loss, as a fan, has everyone suffered with their team. So share some memories, however, how painful it may be. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2006
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    when Virginia Tech lost to Boston College.. I am a very big Virginia Tech fan because my brother went to college there and worked on their football team. I have always pulled for Virginia Tech football!! But las Thursday night, they played awful. They played as individuals instead of as a team. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] That was the worst lost i've seen Tech endure since i've been a hokie fan.
    Go Hokies!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    [ QUOTE ]
    when Virginia Tech lost to Boston College.. I am a very big Virginia Tech fan because my brother went to college there and worked on their football team. I have always pulled for Virginia Tech football!! But las Thursday night, they played awful. They played as individuals instead of as a team. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img] That was the worst lost i've seen Tech endure since i've been a hokie fan.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    th laughinghard1
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    01 world series game 6, up 5-0 with 11 outs to go. I dont even need to go any further than that.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member BALLCOACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    It was the 1991 NFL season and my Redskins were 11-0 playing at home against the Cowboys with visions of a perfect season flashing through our heads. Didn't happen.

    Alvin Harper catches a hail mary to end the first half and the Redskins end up losing 24-21 to end their perfect season. I remember crying like a baby after that game. I hate that freakin star! The Redskins do go on however and win the Super Bowl against the Buffalo Bills. As a diehard Skins fan, '91 seems like a long time ago.
    Hail to the Redskins

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    In high school football, in 1999, the upset by Kelly. I think the prediction was 99 to 0 in favor of PV?

    I think a lot of PV fans may agree.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MoneyMorrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2006
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    Burton 2019 Im a cubs and a raiders fan. Baseball season was hard but this nfl season is just pitiful. Thank God my Wolverines are 7-0.
    Appalachia Bulldogs
    Michigan Wolverines

  8. #8
    Inactive Member BALLCOACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    That game was one of the more satisfying/exciting games that I can remember at any level. PV fans sat there in stunned silence....Priceless....
    Hail to the Redskins

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    I remember hanging out with some friends of mine and look and watch Wise pass a play that looked like he was overthrowing and the receiver caught it and there weren't any defenders around to stop him and he scored. I stood there thinking "you've got to be kidding me!"

    That whole weekend everybody thought that was just a dream they had friday night.

    The team had to lose sooner or later.

    I remember the year after that the crowd looked like it did when we play GC and it was also homecoming as well.

    Another loss that was hard to face although we were never ahead or better yet didn't score was the 2002 game against GC. No fan is ever having a good time watching their team lose 49 to 0. But it was to a juggernaut of that year.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Most devastating loss as a fan...

    Losing to Pound at Ralph Cummins was one of the most embarassing hard to swallow moments I can remember. Losing to Haysi 3 years in a row is pretty difficult as well.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •